It is important to evaluate all the information you find online. When evaluating a website ask yourself:
- Who is the site targeted at?
- Who is the publisher / author?
Are they an authoritative source?
- How is the information presented?
Does it contain fact, opinion or bias?
Does the site use references?
- is there a publication date?
Is the material current, historical, up to date?
- What scope or depth is covered?
Is it what you need?
For further help see the short Library video:
You be the judge: learn to evaluate.