Finding scholarly information for your report
This page will help you find scholarly information for your report (Assessment 2).
Always read all the information related to your assessments to understand exactly what you need to do. Make sure you check your: Course website.
Problem statement: "There is a need to rethink and improve traditional ways of managing construction projects for meeting the needs of sustainable construction practices."
To get started:
Map out your key concepts and related keywords in a table or mind map:
|construction planning||methods||environmentally friendly|
Library catalogue search example
1. Type you main concepts into the search box:
2. To broaden your search add synonyms using the connector OR:
3. Use the 'Tweak my results' menu (left side) to apply any filters to your search.
Do this short interactive tutorial to learn more:
Library databases are search tools with more sophisticated search options. Use them to find articles, papers, book chapters and reports.
Learning to search key construction management databases will be useful throughout your degree.
Two key databases are:
What happens if you add another concept?
2. Add synonyms using the connector OR. This is important as not everyone refers to ideas in the same way. This will help broaden your search:
To look for recent scholarly articles you can apply the limits:
To search ScienceDirect select the Advanced search option (located on the right side).
1. In the field 'Find articles with these terms' enter your different concepts:
Tip: If you are not finding what you want, change the search terms you use for different results.
2. Use the Refine By (left) menu to refine your search further by: