Finding scholarly information for your report
This page will help you find scholarly information for your report (Assessment 2).
Always read all the information related to your assessments to understand exactly what you need to do. Make sure you check your course website.
For this report, you are asked to discuss the validity of this statement:
"There is a need to rethink and improve traditional ways of managing construction projects for accelerating the construction industry transition to a digital future."
Start by breaking down the question:
Can you find the key concepts in the statement below?
Once you have found your key concepts (content words), use these to form your search strategy.
Table or map out possible alternative keywords or synonyms for each of your content words:
|Synonyms (alternative concepts)||
construction industry, building industry
improve, improving, change, transform, transformation
evolve, evolving, impact
ICT, information and computer technology,
original, classical, conventional
Library catalogue search example
1. Type you main concepts into the search box:
2. To broaden your search add synonyms using the connector OR:
3. Change your search around to find different results:
4.Use the 'Tweak my results' menu (left side) to apply any filters to your search.
Do this short interactive tutorial to learn more:
Business Source Complete
1. Start by putting each different concept on a new line:
2. What happens if you add another concept?
3. Add synonyms using the connector OR. This is important as not everyone refers to ideas in the same way. This will help broaden your search:
To look for recent scholarly articles you can apply the limits:
All journal articles in ScienceDirect are peer reviewed.
To search ScienceDirect select the Advanced search option (located on the right side).
1. In the field 'Find articles with these terms' enter your different concepts:
2. Use the Refine By (left) menu to refine your search further by: