|For this assessment each group is required to submit a Compulsory Progress (Update) Report, prepare a presentation and a final report on a selected case study. This assignment help will show you where you can find the information required.|
Before you start please read your Course Outline for the full assessment details
Have a look at our guide Company and industry information.
This guide will help you search the internet and our databases to find company and industry information, financial information and annual reports.
Some of your case studies may refer to issues in specific countries or regions. This guide will also show you how to search for country information.
Tip: A great place to always start when researching a company is a visit to their website and look for things like 'about us' or 'our story'
Business Source Ultimate provides information covering all areas of business including country economic reports as well as detailed company profiles.
Below is an example of a search using Business Source Ultimate.
Tip: You can limit your search by date range and to Scholarly (Peer Reviewed) Journals from the box on the left hand side of the results screen.
The following videos on D&B Hoovers will get you started:
- Find industry information (3:08)
- Find company information (2:56)
Passport GMID is a global market research database.
You can find country reports on Business Dynamics, Economy, Finance and Trade, and more.
The Library Collection is a useful tool for locating academic references, including articles in scholarly journals and industry magazines.
Tip - use the filters on the left hand side to:
1) To find information on COVID-19 in this database, type in coronavirus OR COVID-19 in the top search bar and click Go.
2) On the search results page, select the Analysis tab. You can then refine your search on the left hand side according to Geographies, Categories and Topics, and Analysis.
WARC (World Advertising Research Center)
1) To find information on COVID-19 in this database, type in coronavirus OR COVID-19 in the top search bar.
2) On the search results page, go to the filters on the right hand side. You can check Recommended to start with or choose a particular category or location you're interested in.
1) To find information on COVID-19 in this database, we can type in covid OR coronavirus OR pandemic in the top search bar and click Search.
2) On the search results page, you can narrow down the results by using the filters left hand side. You can filter by Industry, Geography, and Company as well as limit the results to peer-reviewed, full-text and by publication date.
This database has COVID-19 impact update available for all industry research reports.
1) To find information on COVID-19 in this database, simply search for an industry of your interest and click on a related industry report.
2) On the industry report page, you can search within a report. Type COVID-19 in the search box to find information.
3) There is also an Australia COVID-19 Impact Tool available for download on the top bar where you can apply various filters such as Industry and State, and allows you to export the data generated.
A good way to find COVID-19 information in the D&B Hoovers database is through Triggers. A trigger is a single event in time which can be a positive development or an adverse occurrence that provides a business a compelling reason to engage with a client or prospect. D&B Hoovers has a COVID-19 trigger designed to provide users with real-time and meaningful insight into how companies are being affected by the pandemic.
1) You can search for triggers in the Explore Triggers option on the home page.
2) You can also see a COVID-19 or coronavirus trigger when searching for a company or industry of interest (e.g. University of South Australia). From the company's page, select the Trigger icon to see the triggers results.
3) You can also see triggers for Industries. Search for an industry of your interest and from that industry's page (e.g. Beverage and Tobacco Product Manufacturing), select Triggers in the left hand side menu to see the list. If there are a lot of triggers results, you can type in coronavirus in the search bar on top of the results list to narrow down the list to that specific trigger type.
1) To find information on COVID-19 in this database, type in coronavirus AND australia in the search bar.
2) This simple search will already generate a lot of useful results such as the Coronavirus in Australia dossier which compiles information on health, economic impact, travel and consumer behaviour.
Note: For access, follow the Library collection link, and on the EMIS site either register for login credentials or use the button to select Guest Access.
From the Home page you can see the box called COVID-19 monitor.
Select COVID-19 charts & graphs to examine pandemic trends.
Select COVID-19 News for pandemic information that affects businesses.
Each section can then be explored through these sub-categories: Statistics, News, or Reports.
Google Scholar searches only within academic or scholarly sites, rather than over the whole internet like a regular Google Search.
Make sure you access Google Scholar from the library website. You will be able to link directly to articles that the Library has access to by clicking on the Full-text at UniSA link.
Watch the video: Why use Google Scholar? to find out more.
Watch the Statista Tutorial on Search Functionality
(opens in new window)
Now that you have your information it is time to put together your report and presentation.
Study Help is a useful tool packed with resources to help with assignments including this short video on report writing and the below documents.
What do you do with all those references you have found? Use a bibliographic management software to store, organise and cite your references.
The Library supports the bibliographic management tool EndNote. There are also many free systems available.