For your group assignment you will need to find information on an organisation, product, or service. This guide has been created to help you find information.
Before you get started please see your Course Outline and Course Site for the full assessment details.
Start by searching for your company's website. Here you will be able to find key information about your company or product, including promotional information. Look for sections labelled 'About us' or 'Our story'.
Below are some key questions to find out about your company. Knowing this information will help you find the right databases to search in.
|1. Is your company Australian or international?|
|2. Is the company private, public, or non profit?|
|3. What information do you need about the company? Annual reports, market research, campaign information, news media?|
Tip: Also have a look at your company's social media profiles
Have a look at our online guide to finding Company and industry information.
This guide will help you search the web and our databases to find company and industry information, consumer insights
Tip: See the Company and Industry Page for tips and tricks on searching
WARC is an in-depth marketing and advertising resource with research, reports, case studies and insights into brands and consumers.
Tip: Try a general search first, for example if you are interested in Headspace, search for Headspace. You could also try searching for meditation. You can then filter your search with the option on the left side including region and date range.
1) To find information on COVID-19 in this database, type in coronavirus OR COVID-19 in the top search bar and click Go.
2) On the search results page, select the Analysis tab. You can then refine your search on the left hand side according to Geographies, Categories and Topics, and Analysis.
WARC (World Advertising Research Center)
1) To find information on COVID-19 in this database, type in coronavirus OR COVID-19 in the top search bar.
2) On the search results page, go to the filters on the right hand side. You can check Recommended to start with or choose a particular category or location you're interested in.
1) To find information on COVID-19 in this database, we can type in covid OR coronavirus OR pandemic in the top search bar and click Search.
2) On the search results page, you can narrow down the results by using the filters left hand side. You can filter by Industry, Geography, and Company as well as limit the results to peer-reviewed, full-text and by publication date.
This database has COVID-19 impact update available for all industry research reports.
1) To find information on COVID-19 in this database, simply search for an industry of your interest and click on a related industry report.
2) On the industry report page, you can search within a report. Type COVID-19 in the search box to find information.
3) There is also an Australia COVID-19 Impact Tool available for download on the top bar where you can apply various filters such as Industry and State, and allows you to export the data generated.
A good way to find COVID-19 information in the D&B Hoovers database is through Triggers. A trigger is a single event in time which can be a positive development or an adverse occurrence that provides a business a compelling reason to engage with a client or prospect. D&B Hoovers has a COVID-19 trigger designed to provide users with real-time and meaningful insight into how companies are being affected by the pandemic.
1) You can search for triggers in the Explore Triggers option on the home page.
2) You can also see a COVID-19 or coronavirus trigger when searching for a company or industry of interest (e.g. University of South Australia). From the company's page, select the Trigger icon to see the triggers results.
3) You can also see triggers for Industries. Search for an industry of your interest and from that industry's page (e.g. Beverage and Tobacco Product Manufacturing), select Triggers in the left hand side menu to see the list. If there are a lot of triggers results, you can type in coronavirus in the search bar on top of the results list to narrow down the list to that specific trigger type.
1) To find information on COVID-19 in this database, type in coronavirus AND australia in the search bar.
2) This simple search will already generate a lot of useful results such as the Coronavirus in Australia dossier which compiles information on health, economic impact, travel and consumer behaviour.
Note: For access, follow the Library collection link, and on the EMIS site either register for login credentials or use the button to select Guest Access.
From the Home page you can see the box called COVID-19 monitor.
Select COVID-19 charts & graphs to examine pandemic trends.
Select COVID-19 News for pandemic information that affects businesses.
Each section can then be explored through these sub-categories: Statistics, News, or Reports.
Passport GMID is a global market research database providing market analysis and consumer insights
For example, to find information about Consumer Health in Australia:
|Business Source Ultimate|
Business Source Ultimate helps you locate scholarly and industry information covering all business topics.
This is an example of an Advanced Search using Business Source Ultimate.
You can limit your search by date range and source type (Market Research Reports, Industry Profiles, etc.) from the filters on the left hand side of the results screen.
Now that you have your information it is time to get started writing your report.
Study Help is a useful tool packed with resources to help with your assignments and studies so please visit and explore.
What do you do with all those references you have found? Use a bibliographic management software to store, organise and cite your references.
The Library supports the bibliographic management tool EndNote. There are also many free systems available.